To be honest, my experience with blogging world is not much. I have my first blog in 2010, and it's not that kind of personal blog that people have in the beginning of blogging. My blog consist a several category mix between my favorite tv show post to some 3d tutorial. I even don't know what is niche mean. Until one day, a male blogger who lives in the same city as me, add me on Facebook. Yup, that time I spend most of my online time on playing Facebook * grin *.
So we talk and he told me several points why people should start blogging. Along with my years experience, here's why:
1. Productive Time to Learn Something New.How much time a day you spend online?. And doing what?. Most people I know in real life can spend 2 - 4 hours a day playing games online or add comment on ridiculous status or photos on Facebook. With that hours, if you start blogging, you will learn a lot of new thing. Either it's about coding, SEO, social media, or Internet marketing.
I like to learn something new, so these thing excited me. It need time to get used to edit HTML code and practice SEO, I'm not an expert yet, but I know more now. That's why I started this blog * grin *.
2. Sharing Knowledge.You know what they say, sharing is caring right?. I started my first blog to give free 3d tutorial. People can spend hours to search topic on Internet. If you can provide the answer and information, why not help them. Soon your blog will grew and without you realize, you starting making money from it.
3. Jobs Opportunities.Let's say if you in college or just finish, and love to writing. Doesn't matter what the topic is. You already running your blog for several months/years, and someone stumble to your blog, loves you writing, and want to hire you to writing staff for their media online. It's like dream job, right?.
Or if you're web designer, put your portfolio online and give graphic design/web design tips. This way you can get new potential clients.
4. Sell Your Own Artwork or Fiction.For freelance artist or writer, having a blog, telling readers how the creative work process or give sneak peek is a good one way marketing. No need 3rd publisher. You're the publisher. With a little bit help of SEO trick, internet marketing, and social media, people can buy your artwork or novel directly from you.
5. Earning Money From Blogging.Earning money from blogging is not a fairy tale anymore. It took a lot of work, but it can be done. I know some people who make massive income from blogging. They stop from their job and became full time blogger. Two famous way to do it is Google Adsense and affiliate marketing.
I haven't in that stage to stop my job though, but if I have I'll do it, no question about it. * smile *.
I probably missed a few points here, but if you read this post, please tell me on comments box below why you finally decide to have a blog. Together we can spread the virus of blogging!.
If You Like My Post Please Share This .!